Football 1 year ago

Jedinak has no plans to leave Palace

  • Jedinak has no plans to leave Palace

    LONDON, ENGLAND - MAY 21: Mile Jedinak of Crystal Palace reacts during The Emirates FA Cup Final match between Manchester United and Crystal Palace at Wembley Stadium on May 21, 2016 in London, England. (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)

Surprised to lose the Crystal Palace captaincy, Socceroos skipper Mile Jedinak says he has no plans to leave the Premier League club.

Jedinak was informed last week he wouldn't continue to captain the club into a fifth season, sparking rumours he would be transfer listed.

However Jedinak said he was not aware of any such move by the club's management.

You might also like

"My commitment is to Palace," Jedinak told Fox Sports.

"I'm a Palace player. I've not been told otherwise by anybody and until then you remain committed.

"At this time of the season there's a lot of speculation but I just remain true to myself and keep my head down and not remain muddled with anything."

The 32-year-old Jedinak also maintained he could keep a working relationship with manager Alan Pardew, who made the call to relegate him from the captaincy in favour of Scott Dann.

Jedinak led the club to the FA Cup final last year, as well as taking them from the second-tier championship to regulars in the EPL in recent seasons.

However Pardew felt it was time for a change.

"I was surprised, obviously. When you do a job with full commitment, it's never nice," Jedinak said.

"You give your all to the task and hopefully that's enough but sometimes things get taken out of your hands and one way or another you have to accept it and get on with it and focus on the task at hand."

0 0
please wait...